want to overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I did read about that somewhere also, I will disable that. Now with that off when my heat increases will I have to manually change my fan speed? I hope there is some way this will be done automatically.
Thanks again guys I appreciate the **** out of this

ok I tried to start overclocking but everytime I started up windows it prompted me that a problem happened. It said go to fix windows or start normally. So I put my settings in bios back to normal and it still did this apon windows startup. Is this normal?
Here is what I changed:
FSB from 200 to 205
CPU went to 2767 from 2700
CPU NB Ratio x10 =2050 went up from 2000 with FSB increase
Ram Ratio from auto to 1:1 which was 410 stepped down 1 step to leave room
HT Link speed x10 =2050 up from 2000 with FSB increase
CPU Voltage 1.352 after amd cool and quiet turned off

My multiplier is at 13.5 per AMD overdrive
my NB Voltage is 1.1750 per AMD overdrive
Ram Voltage per CPU-Z

I'm not sure what could be causing your windows issue. I have had it happen before but it could be anything. I seriously doubt it has anything to do with your overclock.
How old is the hard drive? Did you shut down improperly?

my hard drive is new with this comp which I got in January. When I shutdown to go into bios i just restarted my comp in windows, and then leaving BIOS I just saved the settings. I just got done running a LinX test for just 10minutes to see if anything was wrong after I put settings back to normal, and it said passed with 0 errors. I am not sure either. I am going to try again and just start windows if it prompts me to do that then run Linx again. we will see

ok heres the update for tonight. Went through 4 cycles.

Cycle 1:
FSB-205
CPU-2767
Cpu NB Ratio x9=1845
RAM Ratio 1:1.66=682
HT Link Speed x9=1845
TEST LINX 25min-PASSED

Cycle 2:
FSB-210
CPU-2835
Cpu NB Ratio x9=1890
RAM Ratio 1:1.66=699
HT Link Speed x9=1890
TEST LINX 25min-PASSED

Cycle 3:
FSB-215
CPU-2902
Cpu NB Ratio x9=1935
RAM Ratio 1:1.66=715
HT Link Speed x9=1935
TEST LINX 50min-PASSED

Cycle 4:
FSB-220
CPU-2970
Cpu NB Ratio x9=1980
RAM Ratio 1:1.66=732
HT Link Speed x9=1980
TEST LINX 25m-PASSED

How is it looking so far? My LinX won't show cpu temp, don't know why. Also I am a little worried about my HW monitor core readings. Shows Core0-23c @load and Core1-23c @load. Is that a combined 46C@ load? Im worried that is too low if the number is not combined. My fans are at 100% but that is only 1900rpms on the cpu fan.

Also my programs like CPU-Z and Hw monitor show my Vcore @ 1.35 which is what it shows in BIOS, however my MSI overclock station program shows it at 1.636V which is obviously way over redline. Any thoughts?

Always trust the bios over the software.

Temps it sounds like its double what it shows, or so I figure.
but so far so good Matt keep it going!

yeah it would be a little easier in the ocing department if everything wasn't ratios. the only thing not a ratio is the FSB, but im doing what I can. Im going to keep my HT link under 2100, CPU NB ratio around 2000 and my ram under the 800 its set at as long as I can. I think i can take that number to 1066 but when do I let this number go?

Little update for u. I ran an occt stress test this morning for 3 hours. Passes with no problems at 2.9 Ghz. I will do a little more ocing tonight after school.
Do you guys know how to set the run time in prime 95? I know where to set it but it goes off the ffts but I don't know which one. The min or the high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom