Flash Drive file sizes

Status
Not open for further replies.

fairfieldfalconsfan

In Runtime
I have a Sandisk Cruzer 8 GB that I was putting some files on for backup and such and accidently got some system files and/or the Local Settings folder on it (or something like that). Then when I was getting the stuff off and did properties on the folder it said it was 30 GB. When I tried to delete or go in it a box came up the said the file or directory (I'm not really sure which) was unreadable or corrupted. I tried plugging it in a different computer and deleting them but the same message came up. I can rename the main folder but not the folder in it. I was thinking about moving everything off the drive and reformatting it but is that a good solution or not???

When I do properties on the whole drive is only shows as being about half full. Which is what the other files on it add up to.

About the only thing you can do is remove the good data that you need, and reformat the drive, this is a sign though, that the flash drive could be at the end of its life span.

I have a flash drive that lets me write to it, but not read from it, it thinks it has roughly 1tb worth of data on it, but its only a 4gb flash drive.

I had a 16MB Dell flash drive. It said it had 1GB in there. Died soon after.

(Saw you broke you 5k posts. Congrats, c0rr0sive! :D)

I was able to delete some of the files but when I try to go in the folders it says "Cannot delete: Cannot read from the source file or disk". I got the drive on Black Friday of 2009, but I have used it a lot. So would formatting be the best way to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom