Replacing a cracked netbook screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

carter415

Beta member
Alright I got a broken netbook from a friend of mine and the only thing wrong with it is the cracked screen I think.It is an IBM Lenovo Ideapad S10.I got the screen out and i'm pretty sure it is a 10.1".I found a few on ebay i'm just not sure how compatible the screens are.For example: New LCD SCREEN For LENOVO IdeaPad S10-2 WSVGA 10.1 A+ - eBay (item 120607726941 end time Sep-10-10 08:47:37 PDT)
Would that be alright with it?

I also have another question.I have a Hannspree HF237 monitor and I would like to hook my ps3 up to it but it doesn't work.The screen basically freezes up and I have to shut down the ps3 before i can switch the monitor back to displaying my computer.I'm pretty sure it has HDCP as well.Hannspree HF237 specifications | Expert Reviews
If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it.

As for the broken monitor, no. You need the EXACT type of monitor. It's braces are specially designed. Why not just put an external monitor on it?

I already have a desktop computer.I would like to have a small computer to take on trips and what not.So the lcd screen that I linked wouldn't work?There was another one which was the exact model but it was about $20 more and was from Hong Kong which i would rather not buy from because everything from Hong Kong is junk.They seem to have the same specs.I would imagine that it would fit alright

I actually might want to connect it to an external monitor to see if it works before i drop 60 on a new lcd screen.How would i do this?Hannspree HF237 specifications | Expert Reviews (My desktop monitor)
Lenovo IdeaPad S10 4333-36U Netbook - Intel Atom N270 1.6GHz, 1GB DDR2, 160GB HDD, 10.1 WSVGA, Windows XP Home, Black at TigerDirect.com (My netbook)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom