New build not working!

Status
Not open for further replies.

carson1931

Baseband Member
Hey,
I just got all my computer stuff put together, I hit the power button... all the fans and lights turn on, but no signal too the monitor. This is my first build so it could still be something stupid...

Specs:
i7 930
GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R LGA
HD Radeon 5870
xfx 750w
6gb OCZ Gold

I have triple checked all of my connections, tried plugging the graphics card in multiple times, and nothing seems to work.

My friend had me remove the ram to listen for beeps, but no such beeps occurred... I also went through and tried using 1 stick of ram, and tried to do so with all 3 sticks... nothing.

If anybody has some insight on this for me it would be greatly appreciated.

-Carson

Hm, might not be the cause of the problem, but, it appears that the RAM you chose is 1600 in speed. The motherboard supports 2200/1333/1066/800 (both of these DDR3). That's the only problem I can think of right now...

Do any of the cables have visible signs of damage? Any of the parts? Were you taking measures to make sure there wasn't static when you were putting it together?

The ram defaults to 1066 speed, and I have have seen another user with the same mobo/ram combo. No cables or parts seemed damaged. Yes I made sure to touch metal while working on the computer.

Clear the cmos.

Better yet, remove the battery for 30s. While the battery is removed, unplug the power supply and push the power button. Replace the battery.

This should solve your issue.

I read on Newegg to put the RAM in the white slots, if you put it in the blue slots it may not work. I have that same motherboard, RAM, and CPU and they work fine together (manually sets to 1600 or more with no problems, mine's at 1750 or so with overclocking).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom