ZOTAC ION GPU Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

nssd70m-2

Beta member
Here's my problem. I just got the Zotac GT218 for my Dell E310. I unpacked it, set up the bracket, plugged it into the pci express port, turned on my comp the Windows loading screen stays on for quite some time, then I get a blue screen saying Hardware Malfunction NMI: Parity check /memory Parity error ***the system has halted***. Is there something I should have done? Anything im missing? Does this card even work on dell e310 with XP? Ive seen online where people have recommended it for the E310 thats why i bought it. All I'm trying to run with it is Microsoft Train Simulator and I'm bummed I can't get it working.

Ran it in safemode..confirmed it deleted drivers. Put graphics card in and got the same blue screen. Whenever I uninstall the intel drivers for the onboard it always boots back and reinstalls the drivers automatically. Not sure what it is at the moment.

Only have two options for onboard video in my BIOS. It's for either onboard graphics or Auto such as detecting the graphics card, and when I choose auto it's what gives me the blue screen of death. It's a PCI-e x1 port not the full x16.

Got it fixed. You guys will think I'm an idiot for what I tried, but when the Windows XP loading screen appeared, I removed the card for a few seconds then put it back in. Yes while the power was on. System booted up and let me install drivers no problem. I still have no clue what was causing the problem but who cares, I know how to resolve it. Thanks for all of the help. :)

Uninstalled drivers..problem consists.

You mean Persists? I'm sure you do.

Got it fixed. You guys will think I'm an idiot for what I tried, but when the Windows XP loading screen appeared, I removed the card for a few seconds then put it back in. Yes while the power was on. System booted up and let me install drivers no problem. I still have no clue what was causing the problem but who cares, I know how to resolve it. Thanks for all of the help. :)

I am so amazed by this thread. I am blown away by the fact that this card is PCIx1. I didn't know that they existed.

Not only am I taken back by the fact that this card exists, but I am amazed by your method of correcting your issue. This is probably the most dangerous resolution I have heard of. Not only is it a huge damage risk to the motherboard and video card, but also if you use the same careless approach with some of the beefier components you could kill yourself.

The problem was most likely that the card wasn't seated properly in the PCIx slot to begin with. When you removed and plugged it back in you plugged it in more securely, and it alleviated the problem.

If anyone is thinking of trying his method of fixing this issue with this particular video card; Do not try this. You will most likely break something or hurt yourself.

I know it was a risk. I tried not to touch anything with any electrical conductors exposed. Anyhow, it was seated properly beforehand. And I have it working.

Yeah I was about to say...don't try this. But anyhow, there were no other options for cards other than PCI...which is obviously not going to do what I want. So I was lucky enough to find a card for PCIx1 which is the only kind of PCIe slot my PC has. I know it was dangerous but ended up working for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom