dell dimension e310 video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oapie07

Beta member
after reading the title of the forum some of you are probably laughing silently to yourself.... (haha he is screwed...) well yes i think i am. I just bought a dimension e310 from my roommates girlfriends parents, its in perfect condition, reloaded xp on it and it runs great, no problems there. The main problem i have is the graphics card... yeah... it just doesn't do the job. but what can you expect with a $60 dollar computer? (yes 60 bucks is all it cost me)

i'm pretty sure it can only use a pci type of graphics card? and once again i'm pretty sure those are impossible to find anymore. guys and gals, i need at least a geforce 6600 or ati radeon 9800pro, or better... please the better. does anyone know where i can purchase a video card for this computer. and am i right on the specs?

i would like to stop running my games on my laptop and use this desktop. if i need to upgrade the power source thats more than ok, like i said the computer only cost me $60. i checked other forum sites but all of those were dated back in 05/06.... which is when the computer was new. thanks for all the help guys

Well a quick view over at NewEgg shows about 60 video cards that they sell for PCI slots. So now it comes down to how much you want to spend, and if the Dell supplied power supply can work with the card. Now according to the documentation you only have a 230W PSU (Power Supply Unit) in there. That isnt much. Being a Dell there isnt to many options to upgrade the PSU either.

From what i seen on all the cards that you said you needed, they require a larger PSU. So you are going to have to find some way to upgrade your PSU to at least 300W in order to get a card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom