New video card, some problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarAteMyMoney

Solid State Member
Just upgraded to an ASUS 5770

for some reason the catalyst control center alwas fails to install, even after i un install it, run driver sweep, and upgraded to .net fx 4.0

also im getting 10fps in crysis 64 but with an i7 920 and about 75fps in 32 bit w/ medium detail... why would it run better in 32 bit now? and will this same problem translate to other games?

Did you uninstall the graphics drivers for your old card? You say you upgraded, if you upgraded from an nVidia card you could have a driver conflict so make sure nVidia drivers are removed completely. If you upgraded from another ATi card, there's a chance the drivers don't support the HD5 series if you didn't update them often, so make sure to uninstall them too.

Make sure you're trying to install the right Catalyst for your OS (Windows XP, Vista, 7; 64 and 32 bit). Is there an error message? If so post the message or screenshot.

err.png

that's the error message... i upgraded from a radeon 4850 and i took out the old drivers, and ran driver sweeper

What drivers are you trying to use? I installed the 10.8 Beta drivers last night and they work fine, though I had 10.5, 10.6, and 10.7 all work as well. Are you using the package direct from ATi's site?

Yes I was using the 10.7........ I reinstalled them a few times and the card seems to be performing like it should, but I still can't seem to get catalyst working

<DISCLAIMER: Make a system restore point prior to trying these steps, I dont want to feel bad if it all goes bad>

Not sure if you have tried this but try to download the drivers then downlaod CCC second. I cant see the picture you posted of your error (military networks block all cool things) but is it a missing .msi file or something like that?

One more thing you can do is uninstall CCC/drivers (using the uninstaller from ATI) and run a search for ATI* looking for old remnants of CCC somewhere. Uninstall all old ATI files (this will reset your video settings, the idea here is to get rid of all previous ATI folders that may be causing conflicts). This is the hammer to kill an ant theory

If you use driver cleaner do not use it to uninstall all ati products amd drivers or it will screw up your system by deleting vital inf files that cannot be reinstalled in anyway apart from whole os reinstall or system restore. (Taken from ATI forums )

Check your .NET framework updates make sure its all up to date. If you have an old version you can delete that and install the most up to date prior to installing CCC.
Just some thoughts apologies I cant see the picture of the error so I am shooting from the hip here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom