6800GT softmod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys ive just overclocked my 6800GT back up to ULTRA speeds.(core@430/ Mem@1.3gig) I just heard that you can softmod the GT to open up the 16 pipes. Arent the 16 pipes already open on that card? I thought only the SE or other cards besides the mainstream dont have the 16 pipes open. I was just wonderin cause if my GT isnt full out then somebody tell me why and how to softmod it.

the softmod is for the 12 pipe regular 6800 like i have. it's a great mod for me, but the GT already has 16 pipes.

since i have the mod, i put that i have 16 pipeline in my sig.

Well that doesn't help it any, but I hear now the drivers are getting better, so it might not necessarily bench as good in doom3 as the 6800 but I still think it'll be a powerful card in games to come. I am disappointed however that xbox2 will be using ATI based graphics :sigh:

i agree, but at the moment the X800Pro is not even close to the 6800GT :D

i'm indifferent about xbox2 using ATi graphics, because i don't own and xbox and won't consider buying an xbox2 no matter how good people say they are, because i would rather spend money on my computer :)

i would rather spend money on my computer
I agree there. I can't spend money on anything else, it always goes to my comp :/ I got another 512mb stick on the way lol. I picked the exact valueRAM so I'm hopin it'll run Dual Channel just fine no errors. Also ordered some thumbscrews and 5 bottles of BAWLZ just for the sheer hell of spending a few bucks =/ and there lies the problem lol.

EDIT: My friend tells me he got the eVGA 6800 Ultra and it just sickens me. I just can't imagine throwing down $600 on that and the EXTREME EDITION! is freakin $799!!!

ATI is improving all the time. I downloaded the latest catalyst and my 3DMark05 went up 250 points. This was from cat 4.6 to 4.10. If evey set of drivers does this, it will be great.

I wouldn't go so far as saying the x800 pro sucks. Just because it's not quite as good as it's counterpart doesn't mean that it still isn't a good card. The new drivers did help and unless you only play doom 3 it is still a competative card.

Ok thanx guys. About ATI, this is the first time in awhile that Nvidia is above ATI in performance. Every other time ATI is kickin butt and Nvidia dosent stand a chance. Im actuallly glad that Nvidia is on top right now. Oh and theres a Extreme Edition eVGA? That sounds awesome!! Anybody have a pic of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom