Num Lock problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

etewald

Solid State Member
Hey. Every time i press the num lock to use the numeric keypad, i have to turn it back off as it causes letters to type numbers on the screen. 456*123-0+ instead of poiujkl;m/
Any ideas?

Eric

do you have another keyboard you could try to rule out the possibility of a bad keyboard. also is it a stander key board or a gaming or custom keyboard.

Umm, that's a norm for laptops. You NEED to turn the cap lock off when not using the numeric pad. Those keys have 2 different configurations, one when the num lock is on, one when its off.

Num lock doesn't work the same way with a regular keyboard? On my laptop, I don't have the number pad separate, so it's either switching my 'letter' area into a number pad using the function key to activate, which would make my letters to numbers. In his case however, it has a separate number pad section, so Num Lock not suppose to affect the letters on the keyboard. Correct me if I'm wrong though, not to familiar with those stuff.

It's Function + num lock that keeps it on the number pad. I did this by mistake several times. What he is talking about, I am not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom