Having problems installing drivers for sapphire ati HD 5850

Status
Not open for further replies.

clint.mckibben

Baseband Member
So, i had an issue with my OS responding sluggishly so i decided to reinstall win 7. I did a fresh install (or so I thought) and reinstalled windows. When I boot it did the video card on a generic driver. I went to amd's website and downloaded 10.7 and installed it. When i reboot it goes to a black screen where the log in should be. I am now posting this in safe mode. Someone pls tell me what I need to do to fix this driver issue. All mobo drivers and bios are updated and all windows updates installed. Need help fast!

I have tried the newest, 10.1, 10.2, 10.4, 10.5. All give the same result. I have started in safe mode and used driver sweeper, then start in normal and install drivers. Nothing.

I don't mind reinstalling the OS again, but someone give me step by step instructions on what to do this time. I am unfamiliar with how to precisely reinstall windows.

I want to format the drive then install fresh. I know I put the disk in and boot from there but after that what exactly do i do in win 7 to format the drive so I can reinstall.

found the problem. I still had the hdmi cable hooked up from my tv to the vid card. Unhooked it and worked fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom