F@H gpu client v6.32 refuses to boot up, including saying I have the wrong drivers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RockMan-

Banned
What gpu client would be best for my Sapphire ATI HD 5450 ?
I was using client v6.32 but it's been crashing as of lately and I finally had to uninstall it because it refused to boot up.
Also another note it has been folding a bit slower than my asus ati 4350, but I don't think it's the cards fault... >_>

Re: F@H gpu client v6.32 refuses to boot up, including saying I have the wrong driver

ATi's 5x cards aren't officially supported yet, with GPU3 they will be with the switch to OpenCL. As such they are refused unless you use the -forcegpu ati_r700 flag. Make sure you're running with this flag or else it will tell you you're using an unsupported card.

Re: F@H gpu client v6.32 refuses to boot up, including saying I have the wrong driver

Atually, using the gpu3, which is early beta, does recognize the 5'series cards. BUT you may run into wu issues as it is still beta.

Calcs suggestion is your sAfest. Put the flag in the shortcut, by copying the original exe and pasting as a shortcut and add it after the target, outside the " "

I did notice that, GPU3 (the nVidia beta) does support the HD5 cards without needing the flag, but it is still only going to give you GPU2 work units, it only gives GPU3 work units to Fermi cards I think.

I'm running the GPU2 command line client on my 5870 and put the flag in my shortcut (-gpu 0 -forcegpu ati_r700) and it works fine except for the occasional EUE limit exceeded UNSTABLE MACHINE error which I'm pretty sure has nothing to do with my machine but rather faulty work units. My 5870 puts out around 5K PPD last I checked.

Yha Calc, you are 100% on that. And actually, there is only 1 gpu client, its just the internal cores that decide ATI or nvidia.

The GPU3 wus only go to fermi cards even if you have a nvidia card, so I havent switched yet either.

Thanks you all for the help especially calcprogrammer.
The win32 gpu command client is downloading what it needs, I am on my way to work to a school right now so I won't be able to track my computers work.
I hope everything goes ok for it, offtopic, the reason why I choose sapphire over xfx because I read some of the reviews here and mainly amd ati's website.
I heard this card is pretty good for what it does, it certainly likes ulead video studio 10.0 and k-lite mega codec pack working side by side with no fuss.
My other asus video card was good but I decided to grab that 5450 before the holidays and managed to get it from newegg.com last week for 33.99 with free shipping.
It's not a ati hd 5870 or higher end graphics card but it does it's almost too well. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom