Pencil Mod Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have heard of using pencil marks to bypass the resistors before. even saw it used on an AMD processor....whether it works to actually fix the fluctuating vcore or not i don't know.

well this isn't bypassing the resistor. It'd be like adding a resistor to it. The purpose is to put enough graphite on there inbetween the two little metal strips on the resistor so that the graphite causes more resistance and the goal is obtained

hmmm, ithought the graphite in the pencil would make a connection between the resistor solder points, isn't the resistance inside the resistor? i don't know its a bit beyond me really. srry, maybe i should have kept my mouth shut, but it does have my curiosity up somewhat, if you happen to find out more let us know (i am too lazy right now to research it cuz i just got home from work and its 1:30 am )

well that's just simply what I read. The graphit gets on the metal clips at the end of the resistors that I guess go through the resistor and then creates more resistance. Or you could find the appropriate resistor and solder it to the points on the end. but yeah I don't have a steady hand for that

mmmm.....ok. i have steady hand but i would end up soldering the wrong thing with my luck and melt down the mobo. lol.

yeah well there's no way I'm going to try any soldering....those resistors are TINY man, I was shaking just trying to mark it with a pencil much less soldering. You're the only one who's even attempted to reply in this thread :( Thanks Jak. Know anything about the copper wire L12 Mod? I'm wondering if that'll really help stability in my Overclock.

i dunno, some people have said that they got slightly better stability or a better overclock, if you are willing to give it a go, sure, do it - even if you don't get a better result, its more experience right?

yeah but experience barely outweighs my impatience and brokeassness since I can't afford a fried part. I've already fried my RAM today and as a result of that it fux'd up my hard drive because of all the restarts during boot up so the system.cfg got screwed up and I'm about to reset all that crap and format my HD again. I just screwed up my BIOS like 4 days ago but already got that fixed...sheesh I run into too many problems.

i unlocked my amd athlon xp multiplier by connecting cirtain bridges on my thouroughbred 2200+, graphite doesnt work, but i used a conductive silver solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom