Heard anything of the new ATI HD6xxx series?

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Wikipedia, the 6000 series is due for release in October of 2010. Not sure if it's accurate. :p

Buddy of mine used to use one of the prototypes in his PC. (He's a beta tester for ATI Hardware)

Needless to say, his 17'' HD screen he used to have, when he installed and tried playing Starcraft 2. his screen literally went out. It over processed the information being sent into the screen, burning out the screen almost immediately.

When they release the final product, I hope to God they fix some serious flaws in it's design. Especially with compatibility issues with other products.

his screen literally went out. It over processed the information being sent into the screen, burning out the screen almost immediately.
I don't think it's possible to kill a monitor like that.
If the refresh rate or resolution are set too high, the monitor would just display a message saying "out of bounds" or something.

There's no chance that the monitor's PSU died at the same time out of chance or something?

There's no chance that the monitor's PSU died at the same time out of chance or something?

It would be a heck of a coincidence for a 9 month old monitor to die out literally moments after it was booted with a new prototype video card, moments just before a game comes on.

That's a heck of a chance.

I couldn't even calculate those odds.

However, it was simply a prototype, and not a final design.

What my friend does, is he gets ATI hardware through the mail, he installs it, see how he likes it, fills out a form on what he thinks, how he feels it works, etc. for 30 days, and then sends the hardware back through the mail, with his feedback.

If the final designs are anyting like the particular prototype, it's going to be bad juju. Which is why I had said I hope they fix some serious flaws.

Random power surge going only to the monitor...
Sounds unlikely. :p
As does the idea of the card causing the monitor to stop working. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom