here it is guys. the build we all worked so hard on(pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
you should flip the psu so that the fan faces down, since that case has a vented bottom so that the psu intakes fresh air from the outside of the case.

and yeah, like paton said, that's what those holes are there for, to help you with cable management.

I was wrong then slaymate. I guess compaq was wrong also lol. I left the heatsink/fan combo connected and just placed it back on the way i took it off. So I assumed it was correct. My mistake but thank you for correcting me.

Thanks Patonb i had no idea.
much work still to do I guess lol

Muffin Man, I would have done that but my case is on carpet and it said to not use that vent unless it was on a desk or hard surface. Thats why i put the PSU upside down. I guess i could get a piece of plywood but until then it will be taking its cool air from the case. Bios shows my case temp at 25c so im not worried right now

The fan itself will have two arrows on it, one to indicate spin direction and another to indicate flow direction. 99% of the time, you want to push air onto the heatsink, Compaq may have had a specific reason for not following this, such as a SFF case.

Kmote, from what I can gather is that since my CPU fan was the only one in the case they wanted it to vent and not blow on the CPU. Yes I did say the only fan in the case. There were no other fans, case or otherwise.

ok guys here is the new update. I have the new CPU fan, GPU and wire management corrected. Hope you all like. let me know if there is more I can do.

The CPU cooler was pretty big. I almost couldn't fit it with my RAM populating the first DIMM slot. The RAM needs to be there for dual channel with only 2 sticks, but it worked.
001.jpg

I didn't take a pic of the back side but I used every possible channel and hole I could. If I had the PSU in the proper spot the wires would be more clean. I can't use the PSU vent since my case sits on carpet.
002-1.jpg

Thanks all give more feedback

P.S. My temp went up 3c after adding the new cooler, is this normal?

Looks great Matt!! Much better wiring and that cpu cooler is perfect for that case.
BUT as far as the increase in temps you might have to remove the cooler and reset it with new paste it might not being sitting right.
That GPU work for ya?

Isn't the fan on the cpu pointing the wrong way?

All mine the fan pushes air thgrough the cooler, and the way you have it, the case fan and the cpu fan fight each other.

Also, that slot down by the psu is for you to pull the lpsu cabhles out and bring behind the case and back out. Even if you can't gfet all of them out, as many as you can, like the 24pin will help alot.

Isn't the fan on the cpu pointing the wrong way?

All mine the fan pushes air thgrough the cooler, and the way you have it, the case fan and the cpu fan fight each other.

OH S***
thats a push system!!!
my bad!
thats why you're temps are off its upside down lol

yeah I figured it out. I was beating my own a** after I stopped and looked for a minute lol. Other than the h*** I went through after I repositioned and the possibility that I need more Thermal compound but didn't have any I think it works.

Abstract the GPU works good man. I am sending your cooler in the morning. Thanks again bro

Oh and a little fun fact i learned while killing myself with getting the CPU cooler to fit. Take the D**n!!!! bracket off the mobo, connect it all and then put back. Guess my old cooler would have worked if i would have realized that too lol. What a day!!!

Had I thought about it I would have sent you a tube of as5 or let you keep that tuniq.
But either way your cpu should be much cooler.

I'm glad the 210 suffices its not anything insane but it's definitely better than onboard. haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom