Overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

phantom555

In Runtime
I thought about overclocking my pc chip pentium 4 prescott 3.06 Ghz. I downloaded softwares like clockgen and setfsb, but i never understood whats clockgenerator setup, PLL settings, hex value and binary value. Then as i have gigabyte mb, it comes with a software called Easytune5. So i icreased the fsb speed and with it increased the processor speed. Though many a times, my pc was not able to reboot. Then in the bios setup i saw a function for setting processor clock and even the multiplier. But i don't know if its for overclocking as it shows processor speed just over 100Mhz. And it even destabilizes the pc. But through Easytune5, i did got a stable overclocking at frequency 3.311 Ghz at Vcore- 1.43V. But then i checked the 'my computer' properties and in it the processor was still shown to be running at original 3.08 GHz. Then i used a software called CPU-Z and it showed that my processor was overclocked to 3.311GHz. The significant other info i came to know was that even though my RAM is said to be of ....

800MHz, due the slow fsb of just 135MHz of prescott, the RAM runs at only 500MHz RAMs FSB, with a core clock of just 288MHz. With the increase in my processors speed due to overclocking, the RAMs usable potential increased to 600MHz approx. with a core clock of 310MHz. So with the easytune gigabyte software its very easy to overclock. So i tried various higher frequencies; i.e. 3.4GHz, 3.6GHz and even 4GHz without restarting. At 4GHz, the processor fan was sped (temp. at 90deg)and my processor did not heated, nor stalled! The RAM then was at 700MHz approx. with a core clock of 342MHz. Though i never found any significant difference in the applications running at higher processor speed, perhaps RAMs credibility increased, pc was running much smoother. So i think there is not much difference in pc processors having 2.93GHz and 3.5GHz! Just as the LTs are same 1.5GHz as well as 2.10GH

So i think that AMD computers are not for gaming as its gaming visuals seem somewhat blur, while intel computers are brilliant for gaming! Perhaps AMDs are perfect for application and processing!

What the ****?

You're trippin' buddy. AMD works just fine for gaming.

How do you go from what seems to be a log for an overclock (of a 6 year old processor by the way) with bad spelling and grammar to talking trash about AMD?

Do you even own an AMD processor? Where is the comparison?

AMD works just fine for games. ATI, nVidia, Intel, and AMD all work just fine for games. How do you come to your conclusions?
Is it just how you feel one minute? "Well, I'm using a REALLY REALLY REALLY old Ford, so I hate Chevy"

That's just stupid.

At this point I'm going to have to call Trollin' and shenanigans.

What the ****?

You're trippin' buddy. AMD works just fine for gaming.

How do you go from what seems to be a log for an overclock (of a 6 year old processor by the way) with bad spelling and grammar to talking trash about AMD?

Do you even own an AMD processor? Where is the comparison?

AMD works just fine for games. ATI, nVidia, Intel, and AMD all work just fine for games. How do you come to your conclusions?
Is it just how you feel one minute? "Well, I'm using a REALLY REALLY REALLY old Ford, so I hate Chevy"

That's just stupid.

At this point I'm going to have to call Trollin' and shenanigans.

Haha, chill mate, I just don't think he knows much about what he's talking about :) I will always Love AMD and Ati over intel/Nvidia <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom