plays system sounds but not games etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

raiden_nrl

In Runtime
Recently after restarting my computer my computer it had to reinstall my usb cordless mouse driver again (it said found new hardware) and my webcam driver even though i had installed them before and they worked great. Now i went to go play counter-strike and no sounds were playing. I went to go play a song and it gave me "Cannot play back the audio stream: no audio hardware is available or the software is not responding. But when i do control alt delete and go to end something i hear a beep meaning the system sounds are working?

nm... i was just being really stupid... i ended the sound card software when i was ending some of my processes.

But i was wondering y in my bios my radeon 9600 xt 256 mb was set at 32 mbs in my bios?

ok nm it wasnt me... it says in my sound devices that i have none? WAT is going on? my soud card didnt go did it? necuase im still hearing system sounds in my bios it says my speakers are enabled ( VIA-3058 AC97 Audio [Enabled] )

You might have had a power surge or something which corrupted some of your drivers since you say you had to reinstall your mouseware etc...
Go into your hardware devices, locate your audio and remove the drivers. Restart and let windows redetect and install fresh ones. Make sure your card (if not onboard) is seated properly. If it is onboard, make sure it is enabled in your BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom