Techist - Tech Forum - View Single Post - Old Gaming Rig.

Click Here to Login
Thread: Old Gaming Rig.
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 03:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
iPROTechman
Super Techie

Send a message via MSN to iPROTechman
Default Re: Old Gaming Rig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichM499 View Post
No because technically it IS an AM3 board. This board was marketed as AMD Phenom II x6 supportive, which means they had this planned out as a budget AM3 board before it was released.
Motherboards generally don't bottleneck anything. You might see a few FPS difference between identical setups with 2 different motherboards, but not much.
The difference you're going to notice in a budget board like this is that generally they won't overclock quite as far and they don't have all the features (like SLI or Crossfire support).

You won't be bottlenecked by that motherboard. Your overclock might be limited, but I can tell you from experience. I am running an ASrock n68-s UCC with Phenom II x2 550 @ 4.0ghz, so, this particular board is a good example of a very solid budget board.

EDIT: You won't have any problems sticking a nice graphics card in this motherboard and running with it. I'm using a Radeon 4870 for now, until the Northern Island cards come out.
Ahh - Nice one mate . I generally Don't like to overclock - I'm a bit obsessed with low temperatures =D. Cant wait until I finish my last year of college and then I get lots of money to build an absolute monster of a machine ;]

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.