Building a new computer, need some help picking hard-ware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it wasn't on sale I would go with your suggestion but 30 dollars more for 68 or so gigabytes more I'll do it.

Also I'm thinking about this motherboard now: Newegg.com - ASUS M4A87TD/USB3 AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 AMD Motherboard

Would that last motherboard be able to work with all this stuff?
(updated list of what I'm getting):
CPU: Newegg.com - AMD Athlon II X4 635 Propus 2.9GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor ADX635WFGIBOX

Hard-Drive: Newegg.com - Plextor PX-128M1S 2.5" 128GB SATA II Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

RAM (the stuff you had suggested sold out): Newegg.com - A-DATA Gaming Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model AX3U1600GB2G9-2G

Graphics Card: Newegg.com - ASUS EAH4870/2DI/1GD5 Radeon HD 4870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

Power Supply: Newegg.com - OCZ ModXStream Pro OCZ600MXSP 600W ATX12V V2.2 / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply compatible with core i7

Graphics Card + Power Supply are a Combo: Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

Ethernet Card: Newegg.com - EDIMAX EW-7128G IEEE 802.11b/g PCI Wireless Card Up to 54Mbps Wireless Data Rates 64/128-Bit WEP, 802.1x, WPA, AES

My old case only has 1x 120mm side fan... so I'm afraid of stuff overheating since I plan to play graphic intense games on higher quality settings. So I was thinking about getting this case, do you think everything would fit? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146064

everything looks good except for that ssd.

from what i could find on that particular one, its speed is pretty crappy compared to other ssd's, and it does not support TRIM which is something you do want because it keeps the ssd's performance up over time.

(info on TRIM found here)

the only thing that it has going for it (that i can see anyway), is that it offers the most space compared to other ssd's in the same price range for the money.

if it were me i would be willing to give up some space for a better ssd
Newegg.com - A-DATA ASINTS-80GM-CSA 2.5" 80GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
ofcourse it isn't my money, just my 2 cents.

My old case only has 1x 120mm side fan... so I'm afraid of stuff overheating since I plan to play graphic intense games on higher quality settings. So I was thinking about getting this case, do you think everything would fit? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146064

dang that's a great price for that case, i think it's regularly like $80. that would be a great choice for that price if you don't miss out on that deal.

and yes everything will fit, it can fit the longest gfx card currently out right now (hd 5970).

oh and you can pick up that board and cpu in a combo
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.470527
saves you $22.

Just wanted to say thank you for your help, I'll try to post pictures once I'm done. It totaled 847 after tax, shipping and insurance on a few items (already had case, mouse, keyboard, monitor so those aren't included).

Oh and I switched motherboards again at the last minute because there was a nice one that was 50 dollars off, and it would allow for cross-firing if I wanted to in the near future with 2x pci 2.0 x16 slots. Also I did some research and I don't really seem to need the USB 3.0 or 6gb/s sata yet. Anyways that motherboard is here: Newegg.com - MSI NF980-G65 AM3 NVIDIA nForce 980a SLI HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard

Thanks again for the help :]

>.<

Will it at least be able to read the one graphics card? (the one I posted)

What I'll probably do is just order the one you just posted and give the one I already got to my dad as a gift or something. He runs nvidia and has been looking for a new motherboard anyways >.<

>.<

Will it at least be able to read the one graphics card? (the one I posted)

What I'll probably do is just order the one you just posted and give the one I already got to my dad as a gift or something. He runs nvidia and has been looking for a new motherboard anyways >.<

Just get credit for the other motherboard, you'll only have to pay postage lol :]

Just get credit for the other motherboard, you'll only have to pay postage lol :]

My brother's girlfriend is actually building a computer also, and she has a AMD CPU and a GForce card and would like to SLI but got a motherboard which can't SLI so I'll just give it to her if it won't work with my graphics card (I'd give it to my dad but I remembered he also has a Intel CPU so it won't read).

Anyways if its a for sure thing that it won't read even my one graphics card then I'll go ahead and order a new motherboard now.

So any idea whether or not it will read?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom