Major problem, no clue what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingzepplin

Beta member
Hey everyone

So recently I put a computer together.

Motherboard:
Gigabyte MA785GM-US2H Motherboard - AMD 785G, ATI Hybrid CrossFireX, PCIe 2.0, USB 2.0, RAID, HDMI, DVI, VGA at TigerDirect.com

AMD Athlon X2 dual core

Chaintech 8600 GT video card

Everything was going fine, windows XP installed okay, drivers for video card were fine. I tried to play some WoW, but it said it couldn't detect display settings. After further investigation, I read that this is due to my directx being out of date. After downloading 9.0, it wouldn't install either. After MORE investigating, someone said that if you delete your directx from your registry, restart your computer, then 8.1 will automatically download and will work.

Well, after doing this, my computer barley shows me the windows logo before a blue screen comes up, too quick to read, and continuously goes into a restart cycle.

What do I do? I've read that it could be a memory problem. I've switch my RAM (brand new BTW) around, taken out and reinserted it, and nothing. I've unplugged and replugged in the video card, hard drive, optical drives, nothing.

I tried putting in the XP disc and getting a fresh restart, and nothing, same god ****** thing.

This is very frustrating, and I feel like nothing I'm doing is right.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom