2xraptors or 1 raptor and 1 sata?

Status
Not open for further replies.

U-Toast

Fully Optimized
Ok, well at first i was thinking of getting 2x74 gb raptor hds, and put them in raid, but i was thiking that might not be enough disk space for me. Im not shur tho. If i get 2 raptor in raid 0, will that be enbough space to install all my games, and programs like maya and all? And id like to download some stuff also.

If that isnt enough, i was thinking 1 74 raptor, and 1 seagate 160 or 200 gb. If i do this, im not shur how i would install my programs. If i should install windows on the raptor, and my main games on it, and the rest to the seagate, or what should i do?

Thanks

I would definately go with your second idea. Install your OS, games, and applications onto a single partition on your fastest hard disk. Put all your data to your SATA drive. There is no point in using all 74GB for your OS partitions unless you intend to install an insane amount of games to it. Make a Ghost image of your OS partition and store it on your SATA drive.

1 single partition? no multiple? it tends to get messy on my pc if i dont have seveal partitions :D

I also just realized that i get 148 gb, thats a lot already if i get 2 raptors, and i have the money, but what u say is interesting.

I meant a single partition including the OS and any programs or games you want to install. don't install games & apps to a partition different than the one your OS is installed on. Say you plan to install 4 games so roughly the partition size would be 15-20GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom