New build won't boot to windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the boot menu, what is the boot order? And do you see your hard drive there? How many hard drives do you have in your computer?

In the boot menu, what is the boot order? And do you see your hard drive there? How many hard drives do you have in your computer?

what u mean by order when u say boot order in menu?i have one cd drive..thats it....and a flash drive place or if u mean by hard drives in letters i have only 4 or 5 the first three i use

What exactly does it say when you're in the boot menu? Try to type out everything that is listed.

What exactly does it say when you're in the boot menu? Try to type out everything that is listed.

It says DSK03 ST3750528AS.... The under that it says in boot menu, DSK01 TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-H6532Z then it asks me to move selection press up or down arrow then enter to boot device then F4 to boot using defaults...understand? So what do I do?

Make sure the hard drive where Windows is installed is at the top of the boot menu. If it is, try pressing F4 to boot default and see if that works.

Make sure the hard drive where Windows is installed is at the top of the boot menu. If it is, try pressing F4 to boot default and see if that works.

it still is telling me reboot and/or select proper boot device and install boot media device and press any key...right after i pressed what u said

Make sure your CD drive and floppy drive does not have any media in them before you power up your computer.

Also check to make sure all the cables inside are securely connected.

After you've done all of this, what you can try is running a hard drive diagnostics utility to see if your hard drive is faulty.

Follow the instructions on this site to create either a bootable floppy or CD diagnostics utility.
SeaTools for DOS | Seagate

Make sure your CD drive and floppy drive does not have any media in them before you power up your computer.

Also check to make sure all the cables inside are securely connected.

After you've done all of this, what you can try is running a hard drive diagnostics utility to see if your hard drive is faulty.

Follow the instructions on this site to create either a bootable floppy or CD diagnostics utility.
SeaTools for DOS | Seagate

ok ty ill try that

ok ty ill try that

the boot in diagnostics test was faulty on last test...so I can't do cd diagnostics utility..so should I take it to a comp shop that can fix it or can u still help where I'm stuck at?And I don't have floppy drive

If you ran the diagnostics test and it resulted as a faulty hard drive then yes, take it to a comp shop if you're not sure on how to replace the hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom