AGP question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bios updates are very important so check for updates to address the issue.Also your Motherboard Chipsets may need updated Chipset updates deal with CPU support AGP support etc...... After your done updateing.Boot into bios look for Primary VGA BIOS - options are PCI VGA CARD or AGP VGA Card . Set it to AGP VGA Card .Then see if its recognized properly.If not Uninstall Everything related to the card and re-install it.

Does it say it's running in PCI Mode instead of AGP 8x? If this is the case it sounds like the motherboard drivers for the AGP slot weren't installed. You need the drivers for the full functionality of the AGP 3.0 technology. I'd suggest you look into reinstalling the motherboard drivers and look for either AGP 3.0 Drivers or GART drivers on your mobo utility and drivers CD. Also just to cover basics make sure in your BIOS it says under 'Primary Display' that it's set to AGP and not PCI. Let me know if it fixes your problem

i reinstalled the drivers and i dont even see a agp controller.
but there is a thing called agp to pci bridge. is that the same thing?

i also have the same problem with an ati radeon 9600xt, it seems that after 5-10 minutes of cs or world of warcraft there is a lock up to a bsod but without any error messages. I have fiddled with the bios settings, reisntalled all drivers, blah blah blah, could this be a reformat job, bios flash, or possibly a new rig job???? It seams to have occurred after an autoupdate of wndows xp

And my graphics card thinks it's PCI-E

If your not noticing a peformance loss (or better yet test it in a benchmark) its best to not worry about all of windows \ mobo manafactuers little flaws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom