First time build/upgrade help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok it's up and running. CPU cooler did not fit the socket but I have my old one on until I get a new one. I do have a question, my CPU fan is stuck on high. How do I stop it?
Thanks

You can try Speedfan, or the motherboard you bought most likely has some sort of program designed for overclocking that will likely have some sort of fan controls.

I've never had much luck with those things though. I just leave my stuff at 100%.

Bios is probably going to be the first place i'd check mine has an option for fan control and key warning temps.

WHERE'S THE PICS!!!???
and **** ill take that cooler off your hands if you can't get it to fit! ;)

Lol it's not the rifle cooler it's a 92mm but if u want it I will cut the price from new in half plus whatever it costs me to ship it to ya.
And where in the bios? I looked but all I could find was key temp but that did not slow the fan. I would leave it but it's like a plane is in my room with me running at 4600 rpm lol
where is the fan control?

Lol it's not the rifle cooler it's a 92mm but if u want it I will cut the price from new in half plus whatever it costs me to ship it to ya.
And where in the bios? I looked but all I could find was key temp but that did not slow the fan. I would leave it but it's like a plane is in my room with me running at 4600 rpm lol
where is the fan control?

Whats the newegg on that cooler?

I would definitely try speed fan than.

It's the Sunbeam 92mm I would put the link but I'm on my iPod and I can't do it. If u look back in this post a few pages I put the link.
Is that speed fan a program? And why is my fan doing that? There has to be a reason?

you've got a pm

Yes speed fans a free program.
there isn't necessarily need to be a reason some fan mobo combos just seem prefer a controller program. Have you checked you temps?

My temp was 36c at idle and my case temp was 21c with 4 fans rocking, yet very quiet besides my plane fan in the case lol. Oh and that cooler has a temp controler also. I wish it would have fit!
Oh I will load the pics tomorrow or later today lol

My temp was 36c at idle and my case temp was 21c with 4 fans rocking, yet very quiet besides my plane fan in the case lol. Oh and that cooler has a temp controler also. I wish it would have fit!
Oh I will load the pics tomorrow or later today lol

Well its not hot thats for sure. so I would say speedfan or something like it is your definite fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom