GFX Card OC Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubius

Golden Master
I OC'd my FX 5700 and I clicked the Apply at startup option but it didn't do it. However when I restarted I did change BIOS options so is it possible that when I changed the BIOS options it for whatever reason erases that setting?

The problem is with the application you are using to modify the frequencies.

Many of these overclocking tools (including ATi Tool) do not write the settings to the video card's BIOS. They change the frequencies (GPU and/or VRAM) to what the user specifies when the operating system starts.

The most effective way to write the frequencies to the video card's BIOS is through the driver's package (ex.: Omega Drivers).

Now I just need your help with my unstabled OC :p I don't get this thing. It seems it likes lower voltages than higher. I turned it up to 1.9vcore at 11x200 which seemed pretty damn high and the torture test failed within 2 mins. It failed within 25 mins at 1.85, then for the hell of it I turned DOWN the vcore to 1.7 and prime95 ran for 47 freakin mins! What's up with that? I guess I gotta find it's 'perfect' settings or something

It seems like it is. It did indeed run better at 2.2 at like 1.65 than it did 1.75, so now I'm going for extreme speeds and voltages :p

I can't use Omega Drivers though obviously, do you know the nvidia equivelant?

EDIT: Cause I'm using the coolbits reg btw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom