Status
Not open for further replies.

kingzepplin

Beta member
Hello all

Recently ordered parts and built my PC. Specs are as follows:

AMD Athlon x2 3.9g CPU
This motherboard:
Gigabyte MA785GM-US2H Motherboard - AMD 785G, ATI Hybrid CrossFireX, PCIe 2.0, USB 2.0, RAID, HDMI, DVI, VGA at TigerDirect.com

And I have a few problems:

1. The computer did not boot when the video card (Chaintech 8600 GT) was plugged in. I removed it assuming I had to install the OS and drivers first. Is this normal?

2. After installing windows xp home edition, the next step was to install the motherboard drivers. The disc, however, is not being recognized at all. In my computer, it just doesn't show up. Now, audio CD's are recognized, so I know it's now a drive problem, and the driver disc loads on my dell inspiron, so I know it's not the disk. This is frustrating, as it is bottlenecking my computer installation. The XP disk was for a gateway PC, however I had no problems installing the OS. It came with a driver disc, which I also (hesitantly) installed after the mobo disc wouldn't work. Should I try burning the driver files on my inspiron to another disc, or an external hard drive, and see if I could install them on my pc that way? I cannot connect to the internet until the network drivers are installed, so direct downloading from the manufacturer's site is not an option, all I have is an external hard drive and blank discs.

Thank you very much!

1. You have onboard video. You have to connect to that first and disable it in BIOS.

2. Go to Gigabyte's support, and download the drivers. Put it on a pen drive and install away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom