new upgrade problem with temps on HWmonitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my HWMonitor reading as of right now (started last night). If any of the highlighted entries were actually correct my PC would not be in existence right now. TMPIN1 is my CPU, TMPIN2 is my northbridge (I think), TMPIN0 I don't know but it usually stays in the low 40's. My voltage readings are messed up too even though Gigabyte EasyTune 6 shows them correctly.

hwmonitorfail.png

Here is my HWMonitor reading as of right now (started last night). If any of the highlighted entries were actually correct my PC would not be in existence right now. TMPIN1 is my CPU, TMPIN2 is my northbridge (I think), TMPIN0 I don't know but it usually stays in the low 40's. My voltage readings are messed up too even though Gigabyte EasyTune 6 shows them correctly.

Thats indeed fail blog worthy.

To turn the CPU fan speed down try SpeedFan. In the options, go under the Advanced tab and pick your fan controller chip to find the fan settings. If it is on ON/OFF or Smart Guardian set it to Software Controlled and you should be able to use the adjustment buttons to change fan speed. If that doesn't work enable Smart Fan in the BIOS and failing that buy a fan controller to slow down the fan manually.

Fan speed does not work. I have a 3 pin connector on a 4 pin CPU fan plug. So I'm missing the fan control.
Let's do this as I think this fan control is a lost cause. I need a new CPU cooler anyhow, so for a Msi 785gt-e63 mobo which 4 pin cooler would u suggest?
P.s. Nothing over $50
thanks

On most motherboards (at least on mine) the 4 pin connectors can speed-control a 3 pin fan just fine. The fourth wire is PWM fan control, but you can speed-control 3-pin fans by PWM'ing the 12V fan power wire instead of a control wire. Your motherboard may not be wired to work this way though. I swapped my 4 pin cooler for a Corsair H50 with 2 Rosewill fans (3 pin) and it works fine, both fans are speed-controlled through BIOS and SpeedFan.

I have tried the smart fan in bios and it does nothing. Now I'm not familiar enough with speedfan to know what I'm doing in there. When I went through the advanced tab I have 3 options in the dropdown for chipset control of fans. When I click in 2 of those I have all the rpm, pwm etc options but I don't know what to change. I thought I found the fan I wanted to deal with but when I changed a few settings nothing happened. I don't understand how I cannot control my CPU fan through my bios, unless my particular mobo is setup to only control through the control pin(4th) on the plug.
There is no software controlled option for me in speed fan or on/off for fan control or smart guardian. As soon as I click chipset it shows the rpm, pwm, wire and so on. Maybe more detailed up but when I see those I'm lost and I even tried the help option and google but it's not specific enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom