VisionTek Killer 2100 not working right

Status
Not open for further replies.

roweder

In Runtime
I got a VisionTek Killer 2100, and it works, but in game it seems to only work for a few minutes at a time, It will play great for 5 minutes, then either I will lag until I disconnect, just disconnect, or get an error saying "client command overflow." I'm not sure what the problem could be, but before I jump to the conclusion that it is a defective card, I want to ask you guys if you know if not having the correct PCI port could be the problem.

The CD installation recognized the card, and it even updated the firmware on it after it installed the driver and the utility. but, the PCI slot I have it plugged into is a little longer than the PCI card's connector. Here are a few pictures:

NIC Card
PCI Slot
PCI Slot & NIC

Are you sure the card isn't meant for one of these slots?

pcislots.jpg

I RMA'd it, and it's still not working, the new one does exactly the same thing, I've changed the PCI slot to see if it was a bad PCI slot or something and got the same result each time, I also tried plugging my computer into our switch or into the modem just for kicks with no change in results.

I'm not sure what's causing the problem, if anyone can help, please do!

side notes:

I have verizon fios 25/25 service
I have a cat5e cable running about 75~85 feet from the modem to my computer
My motherboard's built-in NIC works ok, and NEVER lags out of a game.

I've heard lots of great things about this card and I really want to get mine set up correctly. In the 5 minutes or so that it works for, I get around 260fps steadily in COD4, and my motherboard's NIC gets 80~180fps and seems to cycle up and down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom