new upgrade problem with temps on HWmonitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattk1045

In Runtime
ok I just upgraded my system and my CPU fan is running like mad. In Bios it shows my temps at 36c CPU and case at 21c which is good. well Hwmonitor for some reason shows a core at 98c and 2 others at good temps, problem is I only have 2 cores. Here is the report. Please help

hwmon.jpg

Is the fan plugged into the CPU fan header, a different fan header, or directly into the PSU? What cooler are you using(as some only run at 100%)?

It was also showing this high temp on speedfan. I have the fan plugged into the mono plug for CPU fan. It is a 4 pin connector where my plug only has 3 missing the 4th(control) pin.
I do get why hwmonitor is showing [trial] what is that?

HWMonitor isn't perfect. I was the one who had the 127C CPU temps listed even though my core temps didn't exceed 70. I've also had 6000RPM listed for my fan speeds and other glitches. It may be my monitoring chip but yours is different.

Your TRIAL issues are because you're using HWMonitor Pro, get the regular one, it lacks a few unnecessary Pro features but lists all the temps and info. I would trust the BIOS, any motherboard utilities that came with your board, and HWMonitor's CPU core temps (read from the CPU itself, not the monitoring chip which is often misread).

ok so my TMPIN0-3 are what im looking at. TMPIN1 is at 96c....thats crazy but the rest TPIN0 and TPIN2 are 31c and 24c. Plus all 4 of my fans are at 100% speed. Whats the deal here guys?
I think the TMPIN1 is North Bridge? why is it so **** hot? Im only at idle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom