Which PSU to get

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cirrus,

In general if memory serves me correctly I believe the processor drains about like 135W of power so to determine your watt requirement you really need to look into the watt requirement for your Video card. This is what your PSU provides most of it's energy to.

Try not to compare to prebuilt computers as a lot of people basically overkilling their system. 1k PSU are almost never needed. If you're going to get a higher end video card or if you want to crossfire I would recommend something like a 700-800W unit.

For your unit I would suggest 600-650W. I don't believe you would require more power than that.

Keep in mind this is from what memory serves me so if someone wouldn't mind confirming my details that'd be solid.

Cirrus,

In general if memory serves me correctly I believe the processor drains about like 135W of power so to determine your watt requirement you really need to look into the watt requirement for your Video card. This is what your PSU provides most of it's energy to.

Try not to compare to prebuilt computers as a lot of people basically overkilling their system. 1k PSU are almost never needed. If you're going to get a higher end video card or if you want to crossfire I would recommend something like a 700-800W unit.

For your unit I would suggest 600-650W. I don't believe you would require more power than that.

Keep in mind this is from what memory serves me so if someone wouldn't mind confirming my details that'd be solid.
In all... yeah, pretty much :)

Actually pre-builts almost always put the bare minumum psu, and very cheap psus too.

1000W psus are becoming mnore common due to the high end gpus, gtx 47080s and 5980s sucking lots of power.

To the OP, 550ish or more will do, there are a few psu calculators out there that are actually accurate.

The other factor is psus last for a while... couple builds if you don't get stupidly crazy, so running a bit higher, and good quality, is a sound investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom