Keyboard disabled/undetected during boot up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shin1201

Beta member
Hello,

I'm running a custom built computer with an ASUS motherboard, and I just recently started having problems with it disabling my USB and PS/2 ports.

Before I go any further, let me give some more details about my computer. Currently, I'm running a BIOS that needs to be updated because it isn't of a version that can overclock the processor I'm running. So, every time I boot up my computer after the original ASUS OS, it ask for a keyboard input to either Run Setup (F1) or Run Default Values (F2).

However, for some reason, my USB keyboard keeps getting disabled at this point. It works fine in the initial OS, but as soon as I tell it to start windows or run BIOS, it gets disabled. So, because of this, I'm put at a stalemate where I can't go any further, hence being unable to startup windows XP.

I tried using a PS/2 keyboard and unplugged the USB. Does the same thing, except it automatically chooses to run default values and starts up windows, which tells me that it's not even detecting a keyboard through the PS/2 port even though it's clearly plugged in. I know it is because it works with the computer's initial ASUS OS.

It was working fine about a week or so ago before I had to completely power down my computer (shut down + power switch + power strip turned off). I did this to save electricity while I went out of town, but when I came backand powered it back up, it started doing this.

Is there any way I can fix this?

Edit: By the way, barring this issue, my computer seems to work fine. It's just annoying that I have to unplug my keyboard every time I want to start up my computer. ><

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom