$500-$600 PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Muffin Mans could be modified to accomodate a quad core, If you wanted to do that, you could get a Phenom II (~3.0 Ghz), but it would add about $125 to your cost (As you would need ~$89 for a cheap Motherboard and $125 for the processor.

Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X4 940 Black Edition Deneb 3.0GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM2+ 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ940XCJ4DGI - Processors - Desktops

You can get a computer that does what you want and is close to the specs you want, however like I said, you will need a bigger budget, I really do recommend saving another $250 or so, as it will make a huge difference.

As for the games muffin mans will run,

1. Solitare
2. Minesweeper
3. Texas-Hold-em
4. Starcraft (1)

You May manage to play newer games, but don't be surprised if it struggles even on mid graphics on new games.

My honest opinion is, just wait a few months, this tech-stuff changes fast and by then costs will drop and you will have more money.

Muffin Mans could be modified to accomodate a quad core, If you wanted to do that, you could get a Phenom II (~3.0 Ghz), but it would add about $125 to your cost (As you would need ~$89 for a cheap Motherboard and $125 for the processor.

Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X4 940 Black Edition Deneb 3.0GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM2+ 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ940XCJ4DGI - Processors - Desktops

You can get a computer that does what you want and is close to the specs you want, however like I said, you will need a bigger budget, I really do recommend saving another $250 or so, as it will make a huge difference.

1. Solitare
2. Minesweeper
3. Texas-Hold-em
4. Starcraft (1)

You May manage to play newer games, but don't be surprised if it struggles even on mid graphics on new games.

My honest opinion is, just wait a few months, this tech-stuff changes fast and by then costs will drop and you will have more money.

Sounds good to be but I think A HD 5750 will be able to Run the older games I play.
NFSU2, NFSMW, GTAVC, GTASA

What about an Athlon II X4 635 setup with a HD 5770?

1. Solitare
2. Minesweeper
3. Texas-Hold-em
4. Starcraft (1)

?? i can't tell if your joking or being serius here. ofcourse a 5750 is not the best card by far but i think you're seriously underestimating it.

AMD?s Radeon HD 5770 & 5750: DirectX 11 for the Mainstream Crowd - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

@ skyline, no you wouldn't need additional fans or coolers, and no going with an i3 wouldn't be cheaper.

if you can increase your budget, i could see if i could put a better cpu and/or a better gfx card in the build, it depends on how much more you're willing to spend.

?? i can't tell if your joking or being serius here. ofcourse a 5750 is not the best card by far but i think you're seriously underestimating it.

AMD?s Radeon HD 5770 & 5750: DirectX 11 for the Mainstream Crowd - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

@ skyline, no you wouldn't need additional fans or coolers, and no going with an i3 wouldn't be cheaper.

if you can increase your budget, i could see if i could put a better cpu and/or a better gfx card in the build, it depends on how much more you're willing to spend.

I don't know, Is it not possible to use the Athlon II X4 630? it's $99.00 on newegg, and the Sapphire HD 5750 is $134.99, and this is excluding taxes and shipping. And there is
DDR3... I would like it but I'm not sure if it can be afforded (like said a thousand times) with this budget. Differences between DDR2? I still don't know anything about mobo's and fans, etc.

As for OS, could I use a Linux Distro until I can afford win7? (like something on susestudio)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom