Revised Build...

Status
Not open for further replies.

omag321

Baseband Member
OK, i have revised my previous build with some new parts. Let me know what you guys think, and if anything should be changed...I already own the i7 930 and the asus motherboard...Its a mix between newegg and microcenter because i have a microcenter 5 minutes from my house and it would save shipping as well as some prices are just cheaper in the first place...

Processor
i7 930

Case
Newegg.com - Antec P183 Black Aluminum / Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Motherboard
Newegg.com - ASUS P6X58D Premium LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

GPU
Micro Center - XFX Radeon HD5850 1024MB GDDR5 PCIe 2.1 x16 Graphics Card with Aliens v. Predator game bundle HD-585X-ZNFV

HDD
Micro Center - Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7,200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - OEM 745539

Ram
Micro Center - OCZ Technology 6GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800) Obsidian Triple Channel Memory Kit (Three 2GB Memory Modules) OCZ3OB1600LV6GK

Power
Newegg.com - CORSAIR HX Series CMPSU-750HX 750W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS SILVER Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

I believe that is it...If i forgot something, just add it in if you think i need it. Thank you very much for the help and am looking forward to getting this thing built so i can get my starcraft 2 games going!!! :grin:

you can pick up that hdd on newegg for $5 less
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
and if you buy it before the end of the 4th, you can use this promo code (EMCYVNX53) to take an additional $10 off, so in the end $15 cheaper.

from MC, get this kit of ram instead
Micro Center - OCZ Technology Gold XTC 6GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800) CL8 Memory Kit (Three 2GB Memory Modules) OCZ3G1600LV6GK
it costs the same price upfront and after the rebate as the kit you listed and runs at the same speed, but with better cas8 timings.

if you're gonna buy that case, you can buy the psu in this combo deal with it,
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

muffin man...you are the best! I should just pm you for questions! Haha. I am going to go with all your suggestions. You have told me that the ram is fine, despite what people say, but I'm reading a LOT of them got one dead stick upon arrival. Ill give it a shot though and hopefully they all work ok. Also, I have to look into the power supply because I want to make sure it fits perfectly inside with any modifications.
How does the rest of the build look? Anything you would change or not get or get instead? I appreciate all your help and suggestions/advice...

the rest of your build looks good.

i suggested that psu because of the case you had picked; that antec 850w is a different, a bit larger psu form factor, cpx, which is currently only supported by 3 of antec's cases, p183, p193 and 1200.

and for the money it's a great deal, it just doesn't fit too many cases bit it does fit the one you picked, and the combo deal just makes it better.

and it's not a crap psu (if that's what you're thinking) by any means, here's a review.
JonnyGURU - Antec CP-850 850W

Oh...by no mean did I think it was crap. Is getting excellent reviews actually, all around. I just wanted to make sure that it fit that specific case without modifying. I'm going to pull the trigger on that combo. Now just to check out the ram...

OK....Time for a new questions. It has to do with the video cards. I came across some reviews and people have been saying to go with the GTX 470 instead of the XFX HD5850

This is the link to the 5850...
Micro Center - XFX Radeon HD 5850 1024MB GDDR5 PCIe 2.1 x16 Graphics Card HD585XZAFC

And the link to the other GTX 470's...

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GV-N460OC-1GI GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

AND

Newegg.com - EVGA 01G-P3-1371-AR GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

I dont have any links to the GTX 460...So if anyone thinks that i should go with that one, please link? :big_smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom