Will it fit? SAPPHIRE HD 5770, 100283-3L

Status
Not open for further replies.

nothingasis

In Runtime
I'm just about done putting my shopping cart together for my near future rig. But before all finalization is done I've been wondering about the compatibility in size for the HD 5770 and the ASUS P7H55-M PRO

Yes, why wouldn't it?

The 5770 is a PCIe card, and you have 1x PCIe x16 slot. It's all good to go....

I'd be more worried about whatever processor you got will work. Make sure it's LGA 1156.

Haha I felt so noob when you replied with that answer xD
Ummm, I'm gonn'a be running an i3-530 the worry was that because the southbridge is so closely packed, from what I've seen, to PCI x16 slot and the 5770 is so long. I think 10.5" correct me if I'm wrong I haven't seen it in person before so yeah. But anways, would the southbridge be in the way of the card when inserting the video card?

Ah I see what you mean now. The heatsink on the northbridge should be fine. That chip is a SB/NB in 1 if I'm not completely mistaken, but that's irrelevant. The heatsink on the NB is not big enough to interfere with the video card, although, I'd expect it will get pretty warm.

I don't think you'll have any problems except for possibly heat if your case doesn't move much air.

Cool thanks! And I hope heat won't be much of an issue if I plan to keep everything at stock speeds. Also if you're wondering I'm going for one of these cases:
LIAN LI Lancool PC-K58W
Rosewill Destroyer Black Gaming

Lian-LI > Rosewill. No matter what case and comparison. Lian-Li are the kings of cases ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom