Building a Computer for Rendering 3d Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

TampaC66

Solid State Member
HI everyone,

My laptop just isnt cutting it anymore for rending with 3dsMAX and Vray. I am considering building a computer to use for school/work that is geared to perform well with Revit Architecture 2011 and 3dsMax (Rendering).

Most of the rendering i do is just images, but every once in a while i do animated walk-throughs as well.

I dont have a strict budget but i would like to stay between 500-750$. I realize that this is not going to be the best computer ever, but i just need something that will perform well for a moderate price.

Also, OS should not be included in the price, but i would still like to be pointed toward which OS will work better for my needs. I can get windows, vista or Win7 through my school for very cheap.

Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit. Definitely.

Does a monitor need to be included in that price? I'm asking, since you're migrating from a laptop.

Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit. Definitely.

Does a monitor need to be included in that price? I'm asking, since you're migrating from a laptop.

Umm.... I wasnt including it, but now that you mention it, i will need to get one. So yes, but make the range 550-800$ to compensate a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom