GeForce 6800 Ultra Vs. Radeon 9800 pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
something doesnt make sence...

if ati released the x800 just to compete with the 6800 series. but the card itself is faulty cause thy rushed it. the diehard ati fans now are looking tward nvidia... (in theory, if that was the case) thy would have been better off holding out untill thy developed the product intended, cause the ati fans wouldnt have bought nvidia if a ati card was in the near future.

my guess would be that the x800 failure was not intended. and the posibility that its a driver issue or something to that matter can always exist.

im nota ATI or Nvidia fan boy, i currently own neither.. i have a old gforce 2 card but that doesnt apply to anything at this point. logically i guess that something at this point just isnt working out with ati.

the point of the matter is the 6800 offers things that the x800 doesnt even come close too... such as the 6800GT n Ultras can process 16 pizels per clock cycle with 16 textures pet pixel.. they can also generate 600 million vertices per second and offer fill rates of 6.4 billion textels per second... atis numbers dont even come close to those which means basically in any of the upcoming games that require heavy performance... if you use aa and af or you play games at a higher resolution than 1600x1200 the x800 series will be absolute crap

EDIT: also another thing to think about... doom 3 is the game thats setting the standards for future games... you can bet that pretyt soon games will be coming out that require more power than doom 3... and the funny thing is that the x700XT card... which is about 150 dollars less than the x800 Pro card... runs doom 3 at just about the same speed as the x800 Pro.. its kinda sad that the x700 can keep up with the x800 being only a midrange card... but the truth of the matter is i agree with the person who posted before saying that the x800 was just rushed into production WAYYY too soon

I just wished so much I wouldn't have burned over $400 this piece of absolute sh*t. People commonly tell me how good my RAM, processor, and mobo is. But I would never know it because my graphics card limits the performance of my PC. They should rename the current X800 Pro to something like the X750 and sell it for $250, because performance is much closer to that of the X700 and 6600GT than that of the 6800GT. Then they should release a 16-piped version to compete with the 6800GT.

So is everybody here that owns an X800 pro saying that it doesnt give outragouesly high FPS in any game you throw at it??? the X800 pro is far from 'a shit card'. and it is a driver problem btw. if anybody downloads the 8.07 drivers for their X800 pro 256 MB they will see substantial imporvements in performance.

most people who buy a 6800 series card with the SM3.0 are gamers like most people on this site and most computer forums. there are no games just now or really in the near future that support SM3.0 pixel shading. so whats the point. then you will say but there will be one day and we will have the cards. if you are really into the gaming thing, which is anybody who spends these rediculous ammounts on graphics card is, then you will have bought a new card by then.

i cannot beleive that a person with a 5000 3dmark05 score is insulting the card he got that with. i can guarentee that you have beat many a person with 6800 GTs with that score. and if you arent running the 8.07 drivers then install them and your score will go up i promise(well mine did).

i get a 4912 score on my X800 pro and at the other forum im at there are very few people who have higher scores with their 6800 GTs.

the 6800 offers things that the X800 doesnt come close to but obviously doesn use them. if it used them then surely the 6800 series would be getting far higher scores than the X800 pro....which its not.

i would say that you CPU is the bottleneck not the graphics card.
:beard:

For some reason, ATI is king of 3dMark05 :confused: But lets look at the bottom line: the X800 Pro does nothing that the 6800GT can't do, except suck in OpenGL. If the Doom 3 engine becomes the standard, ATI better get some better OpenGL drivers or the X800 Pro is in bad trouble. If its the source engine, however, both the X800 pro and the 6800GT perform equally well, with the 6800GT on top by only a razor thin margin, but that really doesn't matter.

Yeh you do tend to say a lot of baseless things, with no evidense. oops did i just say that.

how do you stop subscribing to this forum. i really dont like it at all, and im sure you will all be glad too see me go :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom