Weird Blue Screen of Death

Status
Not open for further replies.

blasterfreak88

Baseband Member
So I am currently working on a Computer for one of my co workers. It is a Dell XPS 400 and the guy was using it and he said the screen froze and he had to hold the power button down to get it to turn off. He then went to start it and as soon as it was done with the BIOS screen it immediately BSODed before it even got to the windows XP logo. the stop error was 0x0000007e
and it does it every time. I tried to re install windows but it blue screens before it even gets through loading the setup files. I thought maybe it was the hard drive but I put a spare formatted drive in the pc and disconnected the old one and it does the same thing loading windows. I also thought it might be the ram so I removed all of the sticks but one and ran memtest 86 and if found no errors. The old hard drive does work though because I put in uubuntu and I could mount the hard drive and look at all of the files. I am completely lost here and any help would be appreciated. I have never seen such a thing before. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom