Blue screen when going to install windows, Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tranman66

Solid State Member
when i go to install windows, the blue screen will come up and itll start loading all the drivers and crap, but once it gets to the end and says "Starting Setup to Windows", it pauses for about 20 seconds, then the screen flickers and he gets a blue screen, anyone else ever have this problem? thanks

CHAINTECH VIA KT600 + VT8237

VGA CHAINTECH GF FX 5200 128MB

CPU AMD|2700 /333 ATHLON XP TBRED

DDRAM 512MB|PC-3200 CL3 APACER

HD 80GB|HITACHI SATA 8MB

Stope message: x07B
Inaccessible boot drive

I assume this is a fresh install of windows. Check two things:
1) If your hard drive is formatted
2) If your RAMs are defective.

Assuming you have a relatively new version of Windows (2000, XP, 2003) you shouldn't have to worry about your HD being unformatted. The Windows install will detect that and usually can help you do it then.

Also, check that you have your BIOS setup correctly before you install Windows.

Try running the installation again. Windows is notorious for working on the 2nd try.

Also, to test that the memory is okay, just use one chip in if you have two (or more). Once you get the system stable, you can install the others later.

Two things:

1. Pull CMOS battery

2. What does the drive show up as when it prompts to format the hard drive? C:, D:, ets...

3. Do you have a usb floppy/media card reader?

I have a floppy drive yes, and i don't think it has to do with the CMOS battery. I have tried many times, same blue STOP message.

Is there a special BIOS setting for the SATA drive? because i think this is the problem. Tell me how i should set up my BIOS.

Yes i have XP pro.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom