Hp mini 1000 upgrade/speed help

Status
Not open for further replies.

MackGerard

Baseband Member
So I have a Hp mini 1000 and I want to upgrade it and do whatever n to make it faster untill I get a new laptop/notebook. I know I can upgrade the 16gb ssd (which is whats in it now), But what ssd drive should i buy with the highest read/ write speeds. I know I can upgrade to 2 gigs or ram, but whats the BEST ram to upgrade to. What else can i do to it to make it fsater? I heard about deleting temp files im not exactly sure how to do that but any kind of input you have please give me your knowledge I would GREATLY appreciate it!

I know I can upgrade the 16gb ssd (which is whats in it now), But what ssd drive should i buy with the highest read/ write speeds.
The SSDs which come with netbooks are often not the same type as the ones you can buy separately; they are usually connected with a different connector internally (PCI-E compared to SATA).
I could be wrong, though, and HP's site very unhelpfully will not load so I can't check (currently checking other sites). But, seeing as it's an 8GB or 16GB SSD from 2008, it's almost undoubtably going to be difficult to upgrade. You could find out by opening it, but I wouldn't recommend that by any measure.

I know I can upgrade to 2 gigs or ram, but whats the BEST ram to upgrade to.
Look in the manual, and see if you can find out the type of RAM (DDR, DDR2 or DDR3 - probably the middle one), what the maximum capacity is, and what speed it requires (something like 533MHz).

Its ddr2 and i think i can go as high as 667MHz, and about the ssd ya its from the beggining of 2009 but theres a 1.8" casing holding the ssd now so I think if I take off the keyboard and take out that casing Ill be able to fit a 1.8" PATA ssd or do a little modding ;) and fit a 2.5" ssd with read speeds 230 MB/s and write speeds of like 150MB/s

I really wouldn't recommend you take any notebook or netbook apart unless you're absolutely sure what you're doing. You probably don't even need to go in via the keyboard (which usually requires taking the whole lap/netbook apart), there's likely a panel for HDD/SDD access on the bottom, assuming of course that it's designed to be replaceable.
But yeah, generally, I really don't recommend taking it apart unless you're an IT technician or something.

I've taken it apart before. I've built computers and watt not granted I know laptops are way more compact but ya. There is not a specific place that i can go straight for the hdd but it's actually quite easy to get to.

Ah, good. We kinda have to assume that everyone who comes here is completely ignorant, otherwise we end up recommending things they really have no business doing.
But yeah, if you think that'll work, give it a try. I'm really any experienced in these things so it's a bit beyond me :p

Since you know that you need DDR2, 667MHz, look online (Newegg is good if you're in the US) for laptop RAM of those specs ;) You'll need a single 2GB stick, I'd be surprised if any netbook takes more than one stick.

Ya it can only handle 2gb. But I totally understand about the "being ignorant" thing, you tell someone to ttake about there computer to put in an ssd, they have no clue what there doing mess it all up and blame you. Smart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom