Upgrading my Gaming Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister Inveigler

Solid State Member
I really want to get everything I can out of my system, I like turning everything up to maximum and still having it run smoothly. Furthermore, this upgrade will prepare me for future games. I'd like to keep it relatively affordable and reasonable if possible. (For instance, I think a computer that needs a water cooling system might be slightly beyond me, my skills and my pay grade.)

Problem is, I don't have a single clue what hardware to get (putting it together is the easy part). Overclocking makes me a little nervous.

Any advice for this would be greatly appreciated! Here's where my rig is at at the moment:

• ANTEC Nine Hundred Gaming Case
  • ASUS P5N-D ( NVIDIA 750i SLI - Socket 775 - FSb 1333 ) 2 x PCIe
  • INTEL Core 2 Duo 3.16GHz E8500 + Ventilateur [ LGA775 - 6MB - 45nm - 1333MHz]
  • Two sticks of DDR2 2GB [1GBx2] DDR800 (PC2-6400) - CORSAIR TwinX (so 4GB total)
  • 500W OCZ Technology StealthXStream Power Supply (I think I need to upgrade this to 700W)
  • First RAID is two of: SATA300 80GB - 7200 SEAGATE Barracuda 7200.10 (8 MBytes)
  • Second RAID is two of SATA300 1.0To (1000GB) - 7200 SEAGATE Barracuda 7200.11 (32 MBytes)
  • EVGA GeForce 9800GTX+ PCIe ( GeForce 9800GTX+ 512MB 2xDVI )

Thanks so much for any help!

Sorry about that. I don't live in the US, so I have to estimate a bit. Living in Switzerland means the costs are a little higher.
I guess it depends on what needs upgrading. I guess I could go from around $500-1000 in upgrades, depends on what needs work and if I should rebuild from scratch. :p
To be honest, something reasonable would be good. Doesn't need to be a monster. :)

You might want to get rid of that LGA775 Motherboard. Its definately holding your system back.
You should check out: Newegg.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom