Post issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubFusion

In Runtime
My asus crosshair IV is giving me a cpu led post. and it wont move further than that. What could my issue be?

my mobo has l.e.d. post indicators. they just save time in troubleshooting hardware issues. basically my cpu is not posting, there are led lights for cpu, memory, vga and harddrive posting and its stuck on my cpu i cant even get video to show up, let alone boot to install windows 7. any help is appreciated.

Have you tried reseating it? Outside of that it sounds like it might have died on you. I could be wrong, of course. Are you getting any beeps from the mobo?

would it beep without a system speaker? i keep reading things about needing a system speaker.

No speaker = no beeps. You can order one for a couple of bucks, though.

yea i tried to rig my own to no avail. so ill have to pick one up down the street. but which beeps would indicate which problems?

A single beep indicates that the POST was successful. Any other combination tells you what the problem is. Google for the beep codes for your mobo's BIOS as there are many different possibilities.

K i ganked a speaker from an old build. And i get nothing. not even when the memory is pulled out. bad mobo, cpu? anyone have any exp with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom