New expensive video card didn't change much.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say that Ultra is probably the worst power supply maker on the planet. It could say 5000 watts and still be a piece of crap.

Here are some screenshots I took of the CPUID HWMonitor while playing call of duty 4, the first shot is after about 1 minute, and the second is after about 2 minutes, before i could take a 3rd shot, the computer shut down. To me it looks like the power supply is the problem, especially considering what slaymate said. Let me know what you guys think.

VoltagesTemperatures2.jpg

VoltagesTemperatures3.jpg

Your temps are all good...

Have you tried benchmarking programs like prime95 and furmark, so as to remove any possibility its game related?

But slays right.. ultra while inexpensive... are cheap.

i think it is game related, the game makes the card use more electricity, and that makes the power supply shut off.

I haven't tried any benchmarking programs

Benchmarks are small programs that makre your system work hard... Like 2 minutes of a game with all elements possible. or could be a number crunching program that calculates primed numbers.

It just works your system at its hardest.

A benchmark is a program designed to determine the performance of a computer. It doesn't necessarily have to push your system to the limit or make it work at its hardest, but they are usually a good indicator of performance.

Benchmarks are used to test systems and compare them to one another to get a good idea of which parts are faster, and why.

I got a seasonic 750w 80 plus gold PSU, it's awesome, modular, and it barely ever even turns on it's fan - and when it does i can't hear it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom