Which MB should I use and is this correct memory for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Antec 300 only has 3 bays I want 4 front bays.

Do you think the Corsair HX series powersupply will fit my case? Will the cables be too long for lian li 65B case. I've read people say cables are long so I wondered if it might get majorly bungled up inside.

Antec 300 only has 3 bays I want 4 front bays.

Do you think the Corsair HX series powersupply will fit my case? Will the cables be too long for lian li 65B case. I've read people say cables are long so I wondered if it might get majorly bungled up inside.

Yes, the Corsair will fit that Lian Li case. In my opinion, you shouldn't spend that much on the case, and skimp out on hardware. If you're wanting 4 5.25" front bays, then I would suggest the Xigamtek Midgard-W. It actually has 5 5.25" bays, but one has an adapter for a 3.5" drive (Hard drive, or Floppy Drive.) (Thanks to whoever found that case, I can't remember who you are!)

It's an amazing case, and will provide a lot better wire management than the Lian Li case, at almost 1/3 of the price. Will also give the ability to have more case fans too.

Newegg.com - Xigmatek MIDGARD-W Black 0.7mm SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Ok I have the system together.

lian li 8nwx
antec 650 watt powersupply
gigabyte EP 45T USB3.0
Pentium 4 Prescott 775 3.8 ghz
4 GB corsair DDR 3 1333 ram
Ati x700 pro pci-e
Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS
Vantec ez swap 4
Vantec ez swap 4

The problem I'm having is when I power system up the case fans start only no hsf and after 2 seconds it turns off it turns back on usually takes 4 times for hsf to come on then it boots fine.

I have tried removing soundcard only still does it
I have tried removing 1 ram chip no soundcard still does it
I switched 1 ram chip that I pulled above with no soundcard still does it
I removed 1 ram chip (tried each ram chip) soundcard video card still does it

Any ideas what to try?

I think I will buy a new Corsair HX 750 watt power supply to rule out power issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom