Laptop cooling question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drogos

Daemon Poster
Here is the thing. I'm using a laptop as a desktop. Is on the desk hooked to a 23.5 inch monitor wireless mouse and keyboard and is not moved since i don't need to move it for any reason at the moment. I know i probably should have built a cheap work station but the laptop was 400 bucks on sale.
So i wen i bought a laptop cooler for it. I don't leave it on all the time i turn it off wen i leave to work but i do have i on over night most days.
the question is i unscrew 2 little panels at the bottom of it one panel for the ram the other i believe is for the Harddrive. Is having those panels open for so the laptop cooler gives direct air in a good idea or a bad one? and will it cause any issues i just want to be sure it wont be problematic in the long run.
thanks in advance

it depend of the laptop model's qualitie personaly when i play my i take off th back cover that reveal my cpu Gpu's ramn and mobo i've been doing so for a year and it does not pose problem for me

Thank you. That's all i needed to know.
I wanted to be sure it wouldn't cause any weird issues later on. It does stays cooler so that's a plus.

i should not but do your self a favor and get a can of compressed air laptops are not ment to be kept open so thier fins get filled with dust fater then desktop

Will do thank for taking the time to give me your advice is appreciated.
I learned years ago this is the best place to ask for help.
Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom