7 Aero theme won't work with multi-GPU/monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

El_Roberto

In Runtime
I have just purchased 3 new screens and I now have eyefinity set-up, however when I plugged my fourth screen into the onboard Intel G33 Windows 7 Aero theme doesn't work. It will allow me to set aero as the theme but it wont actually change from windows basic. I tried running the trouble shooter and it says that the Windows Desktop Manager is not running - however it is running and restarting it doesn't change anything. Any one got any ideas how to fix it? I have all the latest drivers and I have tried the regestry hack to allow it to be enabled. Perhaps theres a program that forces it on? I've tried googling it but found no results.

What GPU is the onboard? It might not actually be capable of displaying Aero (and it may be wrestling the displaying of Aero away from your main GPU).

Modifying the Registry is tricky at best. Your trying to force something to work that isnt designed to work. If it isnt designed to work then trying to force it is only going to hurt your setup more and end up forcing you to reinstall and get upset with the software cause you want it to do something it cant.

If the Registry hack didnt work, then it cant work. No way around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom