First time build/upgrade help

Status
Not open for further replies.
YA I'm sorry I reposted like 15 F-ING times but I got your budget wrong at first and than the rest worked its self out I just kept finding stuff lol. I think my setup was solid the first time around but trotter knows what he's doing more than I do there's kind of a chaotic order to building and I think there are 90 ways to do it, each special or better in it's own way but go with Trotter that's a dominating rig plus a new case is a nice change of pace for that price.

This is the hard part of a build. I have 100 ideas and things keep changing. I cannot make up my mind, however, I am not spending over $100 on a video card. Thats the least of my worries since I am not a gamer. My second thing is I don't like that mobo by Biostar. The ratings are not that good and it seems people say its too cluttered of a board.
Plus if i get a case with 3 fans and the processor will come with a descent heatsink will I really need a CPU cooler?

Oh and I guess im going to need an OS disc as well. which just ate up $100 of that 350 available. What should I do? man im so torn. We know my mobo needs to go for sure. If i keep my CPU and Ram, upgrade the mobo, PSU , case and GPU would that be ok or should I upgrade mobo, PSU, case and CPU and just keep with onboard graphics for now until I can spend monay on a good stand alone?

Im all messed up now lol.

ok so I believe I made up my mind. Thank you very much to all for putting up with my mind changing. Its my first partial build and I just wanted to make sure I would not be unhappy.
In the end im keeping the processor, hopefully I can unlock cores or just O.C. with the new mobo.
Newegg.com - ASUS M4A785-M AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 785G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
I am sticking with my ram as well. I will upgrade my PSU with this one.
Newegg.com - Rosewill RP600V2-S-SL 600W ATX12V v2.01 SLI Ready Power Supply
Getting win 7 since i have to with my new mobo. Will try a trick first but if that don't work I have my backup on hand and ready.
I opened up my case and my only fan is on my CPU like a cooler. So since im keeping my processor I will be using this as a CPU processor along with the new case to keep it really cool.
Newegg.com - Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case ,comes with Three Fans-1x Front Blue LED 120mm Fan, 1x Top 140mm Fan, 1x Rear 120mm Fan, option Fans-2x Side 120mm Fan

Let me know if u are satisfied my line of thinking is good. I have time to upgrade little by little but to start I think this is good.
Thanks to everyone who helped me. I will ***REP*** u all

Sounds like a good upgrade. I would still highly suggest one of those coolers we suggested because overclocking means increased heat so for obvious reasons you kind of need one. Besides that you have a great addition to your pc and the tools for future upgrades.

You know where to come if you have any problems or questions about building and OCing
(Just FYI you wont be able to unlock cores on that processor but you can still overclock.)

thanks Abstract. I will add the cooler as well. Time to wait and see how this goes. I will definitely be looking for help so I do this all correct. Stay awake everyone lol.

ok i do have another question. What is the best way to fully back-up my HDD? I need everything. Since the new build will remove my OEM OS I need to install a new one but I don't want to lose my HDD data.

Go with this PSU instead:
Newegg.com - OCZ Fatal1ty OCZ550FTY 550W ATX12V v2.2 / EPS12V SLI Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
$64.99, but with a $20 MIR. The Rosewill only has 19A on the 12V rails, but the OCZ has 25A plus a five year warranty.

Since you are going with a full size case you don't have to stick with a mATX board. In fact, I would recommend going with an ATX board as it spreads components out with helps with cooling. Check out this board... it's $10 more w/free shipping, but still a good one:
Newegg.com - MSI 785GT-E63 AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 785G HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard

Besides the coolers already mentioned, these are worth looking at as well. I purposefully chose those that perform decently on the cheap. ;)

Newegg.com - EVERCOOL HPFA-10025 100mm Ever Lubricate CPU Cooler (Buffalo for AMD)

Newegg.com - KINGWIN XT-1264 120mm Xtreme Direct H.T.C. (Heat-pipe Touch Chip) CPU Cooler w/ 1366 Bracket

Newegg.com - XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm Rifle CPU Cooler I5 775 AMD compatible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom