Custom pc boot conudrum

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfff.mfff

Beta member
I've built a AMD setup with little experience beforehand, although to my understanding, its all compatible.

The problem arises after booting, durring the windows start up or soon after. I get multiple BSOD messages which include(memory management, pfn list corrupted, irql less then not equal). Heres where it gets intressting, not durring every start up does it recieve driver failures and bluescreens. In fact the computer only fails to boot up if its been shut down for more than a few hours. In addition, the blue screens only persists for the first few boots and then the comp starts successfully and performs normally.

For example, this is my daily routine, start up the comp in the morning. I would do this by pressing power, waiting for the bios screen to pop up, immediatly press the power button and turn the comp off. Then i would start the comp again and it would perform normally. If i were to only just start it up, windows would start up, drivers would start to fail, and i would get a blue screen. From there tho it would start successfully with no errors. After starting the comp up n the morning the comp would get turned on and off throughout the day with no more than a few hours durring the off intervals. Durring each boot the comp would perform as should. Then durring the next day i would start from the beginning again.

I've tried trouble shooting the problem myself by...
1.Reinstalling Windows 7 by itself and the prob persisted
(not software issue)
2.Reinstalled Windows 7 on a different hard drive the prob persisted with similar boot errors
(not harddrive)
3.Bought and installed new memory confirmed compatible with the processor and motherboard, the prob persisted
(not memory)
4.Bought a new battery for the motherboard
(not that)

I'm at the end of my rope. I have little clue what the heck the problem is, maybe psu? Its 700 watt so it should cover it right?
Anyway, i dont want a 700$ paperweight, so ill answer any questions that might help find a solution.

Heres my generalized specs:
AMD Black Edition CPU 4 core 3200 gh
ASUS EVO 785G ATX
ATI 5770
Hitachi HD 7200rpm 1TB
Corsair XMS DDR3 1600 7-8-7(initially)
OCZ Black Edition DDR3 1600 8-8-8(bought later)
OCZ Stealth Stream PSU 700w link below
Newegg.com - OCZ StealthXStream OCZ700SXS 700W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply

My comp knowledge is moderate, the "i read one of those 600 page comp guides moderate."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom