pc base unit help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
the drivers will be on a cd that you install. you will need to disable the onboard graphics, which you can do while in window and you don't need to take out the onboard graphics physically, it's impossible anyway. there are slot inside your case towards the back of the pc, you need to take off the side panel to your pc after you have powered down and unplugged the pc. there you will see below the I/O panel four empty slots, one will be more towards the processor, this is the AGP slot. you need to pop out or unscrew the cover on the back of the case that corresponds with the AGP slot, it's easy, it's right there, then you gently line up the connectors on the video/graphics card to the slot, to make sure it's the right slot. now, there might be a tab on the side of the slot closest towards the motherboard, you will need to angle the card to make sure the tab fits, then simply press the graphics card into the slot and srew/set the card in place where you took out the cover.

it sounds harder than it is, trust me. install the drivers and disable old onboard graphics in the order the instructions tell you, now plug in your monitor to the card on the back of the comp. boot up and away you go. there will be nothing plugged into the current monitor jack, because that is the onboard, and you don't want that.

oh..so theres guna b 2 connectors for the monitor on the back of the pc? i thought theres only 1?

and what do i do if i disable the onboard graphics and then the new card wont work..then i am stuck with no graphics?

how would i enable the onboard graphics again?

oh ok, and what do i do if i disable the onboard graphics and then the new card wont work..then i am stuck with no graphics?

how would i enable the onboard graphics again?

where's that? where do you enable/disable them?

and if i disable them and i failed to install the new graphics, will i just see a black monitor with nothing at all because there's not graphics? if so, i wont be able to enable them again

okay. you have given me a scenario that i do not know how to fix. you have decided on your computer purchase right? now, i would start another thread and ask about installing an AGP card and where to disable and enable the onboard graphics and what happens if you see a balck screen and therefore can't enable onboard graphics again. there are more people that know more than me on the subject and i'm sure they will be able to help you out more.

sorry i could be of no more help, LOL. i just never had that problem happen to me, so i don't know how to fix it.

i hope you do get help on this subject, because i would like to see you with a good computer with a nice graphics card that will play dvds and games with no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom