Good PSU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carson1931

Baseband Member
Hey all,

I'm building a rig on newegg, and I currently have an xfx psu. Should I switch to cooler master if I can save ~60$? Are the cooler master PSUs reliable enough? Or would it be worth the difference to stick with xfx?

Basic specs:
proc- i7 930
gfx- XFX Radeon HD 5870
mobo- GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R
ram- 6bg ocz gold
case- CM Storm Sniper

Current psu: 120$
Newegg.com - XFX Black Edition P1-750B-CAG9 750W ATX12V v2.2 / ESP12V v2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS SILVER Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
note: I will be buying this AFTER the 15$ promo expires =(

Possible psu: 110$.... and 70$ after a combo deal I plan on using with the CM Storm Sniper.
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Silent Pro M700 RS-700-AMBA-D3 700W ATX12V V2.3 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

50$ diff, and they both have 5 eggs, but I wanted to hear what you guys think.

Edit: my bad the second psu only has 4 eggs O_O

well i understand your getting a combo deal, but you would be downgrading your psu....i would stick with xfx, it should work great with your new rig.

exactly^ some people just rate products based on neweggs service, doesnt mean the product is good or bad. But the antec is a great psu, personally i always use antec. But, i think he wants a modular psu, so i was trying to decide between the two he was looking at. He already has a 750w modular xfx, pretty good psu, why would you change?

he has it in his newegg shopping cart i think, not like he actually has it already. atleast that's what i think you're thinking.

yea i figured he wanted a modular since the ones he listed were too, i would've suggested a corsair 750tx which is also like $110, not modular though.

but the antec is modular too though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom