Status
Not open for further replies.

CoryP

Baseband Member
I just got this motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128435
and this cpucooler
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835233003

when I put the heatsink on, it only would go on one way and that way extends the heatsink over two of my ram slots. My question is, Is there any way to rotate the heatsink 90 degrees so I can have all 4 of my ram slots?

Also when I have it hooked up and turned on the heatsink fan doesnt spin very fast, actually when I first turn it on, it barely spins, like it hesitates a little then starts spinning slowly. I was thinking I might just replace it with another 120mm fan, I have one coming in the mail today

Thanks for any help guys

i noticed you have an AM3 mobo and the heatsink is designed for AM2 or lower.....couldnt you just take the fan off and mount it on the other side of the heatsink? im not very familiar with this cooler so idk....

Did it come with any extra mounting brackets?

you can manually adjust your cpu fan speed in your bios settings.

i noticed you have an AM3 mobo and the heatsink is designed for AM2 or lower.....couldnt you just take the fan off and mount it on the other side of the heatsink? im not very familiar with this cooler so idk....

Did it come with any extra mounting brackets?

you can manually adjust your cpu fan speed in your bios settings.

You do realise that AM2, AM2+, and AM3 are **** near identical, right?. The mounting brackets are identical in every way, and the chips themselves are backwards compatible.

Also, in the picture on newegg you can clearly see extra mounting brackets. Why even ask?

Just a quick FYI. You can use socket 939 heatsinks for AM3 motherboards. And just in case you don't know what SKT939 is.
AMDs last few sockets have been: SKT939, SKT940, SKTAM2, SKTAM2+, SKTAM3.

@ OP

The reason it's spinning slowly is likely related to a low CPU temp.

As far as rotating the heatsink, yes, you probably can. It should be pretty easy, you just have to take it off and inspect the mounting clip for a screw, or way to take it out from around the heatpipes.

Thanks for your help guys, I think there is screws on the bottom of the heatsink to take the plate off and rotate it, I hope it works out, wont be able to check until later on tonight

You do realise that AM2, AM2+, and AM3 are **** near identical, right?. The mounting brackets are identical in every way, and the chips themselves are backwards compatible.

Also, in the picture on newegg you can clearly see extra mounting brackets. Why even ask?

Just a quick FYI. You can use socket 939 heatsinks for AM3 motherboards. And just in case you don't know what SKT939 is.
AMDs last few sockets have been: SKT939, SKT940, SKTAM2, SKTAM2+, SKTAM3.

ok first, yes i know am2 brackets will work with am3, just making sure the OP knew what he had.....second, i dont care if newegg shows the different bracket types, was making sure the OP had them, newegg doesnt always send out everything, very bad about that.
Third, i know more about s939 than most people here, in fact posting on a DFI 939 lanparty nf4-d sli hard modded mobo right now and have owned 5-6 s939 mobos, two s940's with optys, and skAM2 with black edition. Thanks for the history lesson though! happy posting!

i just worded it wrong man, i knew better. Im on TF posting on my cell from work, and i just dont think through some things sometimes. Crazy day. Wasnt trying to be rude up there, just kinda stressed from dealing with people here at work all the time( inferior co-workers)....you were only trying to help and i appreciate it. no worries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom