Which 5770?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolguy

Baseband Member
Well for those of you who have responded to my threads and helped me out I have decided to go wit ha 5770 graphics card especially since I had to lower my budget by a few hundred bucks. But one question I have is which one of these should I go for;

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GV-R577SO-1GD Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
or
Newegg.com - HIS H577FK1GD Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card w/ Eyefinity

If I plan on overclocking to at least 950/1250 or maybe slightly more which one would it be easier to do on? I read voltage control is a big thing and the HIS does not have that as the reviews say and I am not sure if the gigabyte one has it. I am leaning towards the gigabyte one since its already oced to 900/1200 but will it be able to be oced even more? I have about 2 hours to decide because the HSI one I'm planning to buy off ebay if it turns out to be a better choice.

The gigabyte wont go much more then those stock clocks, unfortunately. The juniper xt HIS has eyefinity(future proof) but no 2.1 pcie(not really a big deal)(and wont clock very well =no volt control.)

if your going to run crossfire in the future i would go with gigabyte, if your going to run multiple screens i would go with the HIS, however if your going to OC i would go with-

Newegg.com - MSI R5770 Hawk Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

The gigabyte wont go much more then those stock clocks, unfortunately. The juniper xt HIS has eyefinity(future proof) but no 2.1 pcie(not really a big deal)(and wont clock very well =no volt control.)

if your going to run crossfire in the future i would go with gigabyte, if your going to run multiple screens i would go with the HIS, however if your going to OC i would go with-

Newegg.com - MSI R5770 Hawk Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

I definitely won't be needing eyefinity, so I think I'll stick with the stock clocks on the gigabyte. I don't think I can get the MSI card because of budget limitations. Thanks for your help!

all 5xxx series cards support eyefinity.

well ya as long as he gets the most updated drivers, i was just saying it wouldnt be plug n play. Also, no reason for eyefinity if your not going to have multiple screens.

Which one? Neither. Go XFX with a lifetime warranty. Lifetime is lifetime; if it ever croaks or starts artifacting XFX will replace it, period. Gigabyte has a three year, HIS is Two.

Newegg.com - XFX HD-577A-ZNFC Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

Good point I didn't look at warranties. One of the reviewers also said it "can be oced like mad" which I find very intriguing and it barely fits in my budget so this is definitely an option.

Edit: Also I didn't want to hijack my own thread but do I need thermal compound for my 955? Or will it come with some type of thermal compound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom